Scolls & England Cricket Team Sports Psychologist, Mike Rotheram
“They’re highly driven, they’re ruthless, very diligent in terms of their preparation and they have a real understanding of themselves and what makes them work.”
After a 3 month break I’m pumped to be back and hopefully bigger and better than ever before. I really want to make this podcast as interesting and valuable for you as it can be!
This episode, which was recorded a few months ago while I was in the UK, is with one of the England cricket teams sports psychologists, Mike Rotheram.
Mike, who is a cricketer himself, started working with the England men’s team and England Lions and is now working closely with the England women.
With 9 years of studying under his belt, Mike is extremely qualified to teach the mental skills required to perform at the highest level.
In this episode we discussed:
- How he did a PHD in the Yips and what causes the yips
- What a sports psychologist does
- What the traits are of elite athletes
- How he coaches players who over analyse or over think things
- How the coaches set up sessions to test and train their players under pressure
- The difference between people who are driven by consequences and those that are driven by rewards and how to work out who needs what.
Plus a whole lot more.