“Lot of self-doubt but I knew that I was capable I just didn’t know how, so I had to go and figure it out. So you talk to people. They can give you advice, they can tell you what to do but essentially it’s about me figuring it out.”
In this episode of The Process of Success podcast, I sat down with a very interesting and exciting cricketer who has recently announced his retirement from professional cricket – Aiden Blizzard. In the introduction I didn’t mention who he plays for like I have done in other episodes as he’s represented a number of different teams which we discussed in the interview.
Blizzard started his career at Victoria before moving to South Australia and finishing off with Tasmania. In this time he also represented the Adelaide Strikers, Hobart Hurricanes and most recently the Sydney Thunder in the Big Bash while also spending three seasons with the Mumbai Indians in the IPl where he opened the batting with Sachin Tendulkar.
In the last few years he has transitioned into coaching and was the High-Performance Manager of ACT cricket while still playing in the Big Bash.
This is a cracking episode with a great bloke who I learned a lot from and no doubt you will as well.
In this episode we discussed:
- How he transitioned from junior cricket in country Victoria to grade cricket in Melbourne
- How he progressed from grade cricket to the Victorian squad and what it was like debuting with and against some of the biggest names in Australian cricket at the time.
- How the self-doubt has always been there and how managed it
- What it was like to walk onto the ground at Eden Gardens in Mumbai with Sachin Tendulkar to open the batting in an IPL match.
- How Mike Hussey & Jacques Kallis operated for the Sydney Thunder when they won the BBL in 2016
- What the transition has been like from playing to coaching and what’s next in his life
- Plus a whole lot more