Scolls & Big Bash star Jon Wells
“For me, when I’m in and I’ve gotten to the 30 or 40 run mark, I’m pretty angry at myself if I don’t go on and get a hundred.“
After returning back to Perth from a very impressive Bigh Biash campaign, we sat down with Adelaide Strikers batsman Jonathan Wells to discuss how he got to where he is now, and what’s next for him.
In this episode we discuss:
- How he prepared for the BBL while being out of the professional system
- How he had to work as a labourer while training to keep his cricket dream alive
- How he came back from losing his professional contract on 4 separate occasions
- How he moved from Tasmania to Perth on the promise he’d get opportunities if he did well
- What the keys are to turning starts into big scores
- How he got a call from the Australian chairman of selectors
- Why Ricky Ponting is a ‘cricket nuffy’ and what he was like behind closed doors
- What makes Rashid Khan, Tim Paine and other great players special
- Plus a whole lot more
This is a great insight into someone who’s had an up and down career and at 31 is now at the peak of his game.
Make sure to follow him on Instagram @jwells_9
Leave A Comment