How does this program work?
We are looking to bring a group of like-minded, determined female cricketers together to be coached and mentored by some of WA’s best professional players across this 16-hour, 8-session program (2 hours per session).
We’re looking for a select group of aspiring female cricketers to train under high-quality female mentors.
Key Outcomes of the FWA
The primary outcome of the FWA is for all athletes to understand the importance of all 6 Pillars of Success and what it takes to consistently play at their best.
- Improved batting fundamentals: understanding & develop the basics of a repeatable batting technique (front & back foot)
- Improved batting against spin bowling: understand and develop the technical & tactical processes required to play good quality spin bowling
- Improved bowling fundamentals: understand & develop the technical & tactical processes (pace and spin)
- Improved fielding fundamentals: ground fielding, catching & throwing
- Improved mental/emotional skills: understand how to manage your emotions and what it takes to perform in big games (under pressure)
- Improved cricket specific athleticism: 30 minutes per session dedicated to cricket specific strength & conditioning run by industry experts
At Cricket Mentoring, we believe that to be successful, athletes & coaches must be working on themselves in these 6 key areas:
Who’s it for?
This is for females aged between 13 & 18 who are serious and committed about their cricket and being the best they can be (this is not for beginners). To be selected to participate you are expected to:
- Love cricket
- Want to learn and get better
- Have a good attitude
- Understand the basics of the game
- Play competitive cricket
PLACES ARE LIMITED so due to high demand and to ensure we are getting the right standard of players, you MUST APPLY!
Where & When is it going to be held?
- When: Sundays 3:00 – 5:00pm
- Dates: June: 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th, July: 16th, 23rd, 30th, August: 6th
- Venue: Gosnells CC Indoor Centre
Who are the coaches/ mentors?
We’re really proud to have an all-female coaching staff with some of WA’s best professional players and experienced mentors on hand to guide & teach the girls across all skill sets. These include:
- Georgia Wyllie – WA & Perth Scorchers All-Rounder
- Bhavi Devchand – Former WA & Victoria All-Rounder, Pathway coach at SACA
- Lilly Mills – WA & Perth Scorchers Off-spin All-Rounder
- Emma Philippe – Masters of Exercise Science (Strength & Conditioning) – Sister & personal physical trainer of Australian cricketer Josh Philippe
$600 + GST ($660)
To apply, please click below and fill out the form:
Once you have applied (roughly 5 minutes to complete), we will be in contact to let you know if you’re accepted into the program.
Who We Are
We are Perth-based cricket coaches and mentors that help individuals (cricketers, coaches, and parents) and groups (clubs, schools and academies) around the world develop themselves in all of ‘The 6 Pillars of Success’.
With nearly half a million followers across our social media channels, we’ve become the world’s leading cricket coaching and mentoring brand through our care for our athletes, deep knowledge of the game and the focus we put on the mental skills athletes require to perform at their best consistently.
While we coach/mentor some of the game’s best players (click here to view some of the athletes we mentor), we work with beginners as young as 5 years old and everyone in between. We have a track record of developing highly skilled cricketers and with a team of excellent and enthusiastic mentors, no matter where your game is at right now, we can help you!
Click here to find out more about us and why Cricket Mentoring exists.