Andrew Walton is a Cricket Australia Level 3 coach, and as the head of coaching for Cricket Mentoring in Victoria, he is currently mentoring a number of cricketers of all ages and abilities in Melbourne. Andrew has previously been Head Coach in Premier Cricket Men’s cricket for a total of 11 seasons [Melbourne CC (3), Prahran CC (4), Fitzroy Doncaster CC (2) and Hawthorn Monash University CC (2)].
He also has international experience through regular annual visits (8) to the Karnataka Institute of Cricket (KIOC) in Bangalore and as a guest coach at Middlesex County Cricket Club during the 2014 season.
In 2018, Andrew was appointed by Cricket Victoria as Head Coach of the Blind Cricket team for the NCIC and has since been appointed by Cricket Australia as the Assistant Coach of the National Blind Cricket team.
Apart from proven ability in teaching skills based activities and methods for players from introductory to elite, Andrew has a high level of ability in the development and education of leadership, game sense, planning, decision making, adaptability and clear thinking to unlock the potential within players and coaches.
“I have been fortunate enough to work with so many wonderful players and coaches at all stages of their careers to challenge and progress my philosophies, methods and behaviours in giving the balance of encouragement and guidance for success to be uncovered. The key elements of focus revolving around.”
- Understanding – listening & learning to establish relationships of trust;
- Strategy – think correctly, decision making, help each other, become better at the basics;
- Organisation – meticulous in preparation, planning and communication;
- Leadership – cohesive through action and involvement, challenging to improve;
- Balance – family, health, knowledge, well being